- Hits: 866
Guinea fowl breast strips on the coal
By Johan van de Giessen
Using the meat from 8 birds, fillet the guinea fowl breasts, which will
leave you with two large and two small pieces of meat per bird.
• Cut the larger pieces into three strips.
• Place the meat in a deep mixing bowl.
• Add about two to three tablespoons of olive oil.
• Squeeze the juice of one-and-ahalf lemons over the meat.
• Add ground coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
• Add your favourite hot sauce (peri-peri or chilli), also to taste.
• Mix thoroughly with your hands and taste the sauce, adding spices as needed.
• Allow to stand for 15-20 minutes.
• Braai over very hot coals for about one minute a side.
Serve directly from the fire as a starter for four to six people or as a meal for two people with baby boiled potatoes, butter and an avocado salad.