- Hits: 877
Stuffed warthog neck
By Johan van de Giessen
• Take the neck of a small or medium - sized warthog.
• Crush and chop three or four cloves of garlic.
• Chop one large onion, and thoroughly mix with garlic.
• Cut 250g streaky bacon into squares.
• Finely chop fresh rosemary.
• Use a sharp paring knife, cut slits into the meat, and stuff with the onion and garlic mixture
• Plug each hole with a bacon square.
• Score the neck (make shallow cuts across the meat)
• Rub a little olive oil and the rosemary into the meat.
• Season the neck with freshly ground black pepper and ground coarse salt.
• Place the neck in a casserole with lid.
• Bake in the oven at 110 degrees for eight to ten hours, depending on the size of the neck, ensuring that it does not dry out (use a little red wine and • water for additional moisture). When cooked the meat can be pulled off the bone.
• Serve with baked potatoes, cooked carrots, and broccoli with cheese sauce.
• A red wine sauce also goes well with this.